Interpunk buys most of the music we sell from well established reputable music distributors. We get the rest of the music directly from bands and labels. If you are in a band that is not on a record label "big enough" to be carried by one of the distributors we currently buy from, that is not a problem. Either you or your record label can supply us directly with your band's music by signing up with our free Interpunk Direct service below.
If you are a band or a record label and you want us to distribute your music, all you have to do it sign up for Interpunk Direct. We will sell your music on consignment and pay you monthly for whatever sells. This is basically how it works:
- Open an Interpunk Direct account, or use your existing Interpunk account
- Fill out the "Sell An Item" form from the Interpunk Direct Menu to tell us about each of the item(s) you want to sell
- Ship us the amount of each item we ask you to send
- Once we have received your package, we will confirm the information you provided when you added the item, scan the artwork, and receive the stock into our inventory system. You will then be e-mailed to let you know that your item(s) are available to buy on interpunk.com. This usually happens the same day we receive your shipment.
- Each time we nearly sell out of your item(s), we'll e-mail you to request more to be shipped to us
- You can log into your Interpunk Direct account anytime to see how your items are selling, and even where they are being sold
- Around the 15th of each month, a sales report is run and all shipped product that occured during the previous calendar month are logged for your viewing anytime, and your earned sales money are added to your Interpunk Direct account.
- Once you have earned over $20 in sales, you can request that your funds be sent to your Paypal account.
We accept CDs, 7", 10", and 12" records that fit somewhere within the genres that Interpunk already sells: Punk, Emo, Hardcore, Indie, Ska, and similar styles. On the form you fill out prior to shipping us your items, you tell us the price that we will pay you for each copy that we sell. We will sell your items at a small reasonable mark-up to individuals and to stores (wholesale), both here in the United States and to most countries around the world. You can log into your Interpunk Direct account anytime to see how your items are selling and to do many other things.
When you sell your music items through Interpunk Direct, and if your band is not already huge, you have the option to mark your item as an Interpunk Local item. Items marked as Interpunk Local are listed no different than any other item for sale on Interpunk.com; However Interpunk Local items get an extra bonus because they are also searchable from within the Interpunk Local section of our website.
This special part of Interpunk consists of over 8,000 bands, like yourself, but the cool thing about that is that people can do an Interpunk Local search and find your band based on info within your Band Bio, like city, state, country, other bands who sound similur, other bands who influenced you, plus of course by your band name. If you haven't seen the Interpunk Local section yet, you should go try it out so you can see the added benefit you get by being included in it. You can get there via either the Find Items main menu or using the IP Local Quicklink on the left side of our website. You will see that it is a great way to find and listen to bands you may never had heard who live near you, plus you can check out bands from different parts of the United States and even over 50 countries from around the world. So don't forget to check the Interpunk Local box on the "Sell An Item" form so your band gets this added benefit.